- Tourist Attraction Name: Bird Sanctuary & Ranganathittu
- Open and Closing Timings: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Everyday
- Entry Fee : Indians: Adults Rs. 75 Children: Rs.25,
- Foreigners: Adult: Rs.500
Foreigners Children: Rs.250
- Trip Duration (Including Travel): 2-3 Hours
- Main Attractions: Boating And 150 Types of Birds
- Parking Fees : Bus: Rs.150, Car: Rs.60
- Boating Charges : Indians: Adults Rs. 100 Children: Rs.35,
Foreigners: Adult: Rs.500
Foreigners Children: Rs.250
- Nearest City: Srirangapatna, Mysore
- Best Time to Visit: June to November
- Camera Charges: Rs.150 for Large Camera
- Transportation Options: Bus / Cab
- Landmark: Near Brindavan Gardens, Mandya
- Address: Near Brindavan gardens, Krishnarajasagar
Dam Road, Mandya, Karnataka, 571401, India
- Location: Mandya district, Karnataka
- Phone Number: 094350 15419
Brindavan Garden (KRS)
Mysore to Brindavan Garden One Day Trip By Car
This beautiful tourist spot which is called by various names like Brindavan garden, K R S, Kannambadi Katte, Krishna Raja Sagara, is called by the name Katte by localities. The in-charge of this place is jointly taken care of by the tourism department and Cauvery neeravari nigama. This beautiful garden which is divided into 2 parts, east, and west, has evolved as a dream of Sir M Mirza Ismail who was the Diwan of Mysore of that time. This is an ideal place to visit all through the year. There are a lot of natural wonders that originate from the Kannambadi Dam. To name a few examples, Ranganatittu bird Sanctuary, Balamuri and yedamuri small Falls, srirangapattana, nimishamba temple, and Gaganachukki bharachukki waterfalls of Shivanasamudra.
There are tourist spots in Mysore where a lot of time can be spent. One among them is Mysore Palace, another one is Mysore Zoo. At Brindavan Garden, more time will be spent than the other two. It’s because, Brindavan garden will be the last place to be visited during evening if you take a one-day tour. Hence, tourists rest at Kannambadi dam’s 70-acre region that is built across the Kaveri River and rescind their tiredness. Here, the region near the Kaveri statue is called as south Brindavana. And the circle opposite the statue is kaveramma statue. It has huge majestic fountains and an elegant garden around it. The fountain spurt all day long.
A boating facility is available. Fresh fish is available to eat. Thousands of places are here to take photos. This place which is just like it is made for chitchatting has one more wonder. Most of the tourists visit Brindavan garden in the evening only to view this wonder. That is a musical fountain lighting show maintained by BEML. The water fountain that dances according to the music, dances for 10 different music every half an hour. The main attractive lighting arrangements in front of us will be like the water is dancing by mixed with colors.
Those who come to KRS dam think that it is in the Mysore district. But the dam belongs to the Mandya district. Located at just 21 km from Mysore, this graceful evening fountain region was built in 1927 with an expenditure of 81 lakhs. The perennial effort of 6 years was on the shoulders of Sir M Vishweraiah and his team. As a result of that 21 million tourists visit here every year. A record amount of money is being collected where the entry fee is just Rs.20/-. The time to reach Brindavan garden where you can spend 4 hours, from Mysore is 30 minutes.